Video is arguably the most engaging content type on the internet. It is preferred for educational, informative, and entertaining content.
That is why you should have a portfolio of videos on your sites, and on video publishing platforms like YouTube and Instagram.
Having production-quality videos might cost you a fortune if you want to engage the services of a professional producer.
It is still possible to achieve high-quality videos using simple video editing tools.
If you’d prefer a hands-on approach to getting things done like me, you would appreciate this post. This review would also benefit you if you’re running on a tight budget and yet want professional-looking videos.
The main topics covered in our Camtasia review include:
- Overview of Camtasia
- The Main Features of Camtasia
- Amazing Benefits of Camtasia
- Camtasia Pricing Plans
- Pros and Cons of Camtasia
Overview of Camtasia
Camtasia is an easy-to-use professional video recording and screen-casting software used by video editors to produce videos for the online audience.
The editing tool offers an intuitive interface for beginners and advanced users. For those who are new to the platform, there are lots of available resources to guide you on how to use Camtasia. It can be easily downloaded online and comes with a 30-day free trial upon installation.
Camtasia can be used to create different types of videos for online consumption. Online tutorials, vlog content, how-to guides, and screen recordings are some videos produced with Camtasia.
You can record audio directly from an external microphone, and videos from your camera or Webcam and work with different types of video inputs and outputs on Camtasia. Supported output formats include flash, Mpg, Avi, MOV, WMA, etc.
Camtasia is packed with loads of features to enhance your videos. Here is a list of exciting features to expect on Camtasia:
The Main Features of Camtasia
1. Free to download – Camtasia can be downloaded online for free and installed for use. After installation, you are granted full access to all the features and functionalities for a 30-day trial period.
2. Record Mouse Movements – This tool enables users to capture mouse movements, highlight the movements, edit the size, and color.
3. Display Keystrokes – Do a recording of the keys typed on your PC or Mac. You can also add subtitles to your videos and on every spoken word.
4. Motion Graphics – You will find tools on Camtasia for creating and moving animations. Users can brand their videos by adding unique content to the video clips.
5. Royalty-free Music – Thinking of where to get free audio for your videos? Look no further as Camtasia comes packaged with hundreds of royalty-free music tracks. You can select from the available tracks, and use them for your own videos.
6. Importing Media from Multiple Sources – Camtasia makes importing media for your video production very easy. You can import all the needed files into your media Bin, import directly from Google Drive, and from your mobile device using the TechSmith app Fuse.
Shoot videos on your mobile devices, and transfer directly into your Camtasia production.
7. Constantly Updated by Developers – Camtasia enjoys constant updates and upgrades by the producers and developers – TechSmith. New functionalities and features are constantly being added to improve user-experience.
Users of older versions of Camtasia are usually required to pay a small fee in order to upgrade to the current versions.
8. Wide Range of Export Options – Users are offered a wide range of export options for broadcast-ready videos produced with Camtasia. First of all, the different video formats available to choose from.
Also, video producers can choose to export their videos to social media platforms of choice, Google Drive, YouTube channel, and other external devices.
9. One-time Investment – Unlike some video editing tools in its league that require recurring payments, Camtasia is a one-time payment for the software and it belongs to you for life.
10. Lots of Video Effects and Eye-catching Transitions – There are lots of customization features to produce the video of your choice. The great thing about this amazing tool is that the complexities involved in video editing are taken away.
Quite frankly, the features list of Camtasia cannot be exhausted. The items on our list are meant to give you a preview of why there is so much hype about Camtasia.
These are my personal favorite benefits of using Camtasia.
Amazing Benefits of Camtasia
1. Free Mobile App – Camtasia offers a free mobile app from TechSmith for transferring videos from your mobile devices.
This mobile-to-Camtasia transfer makes the video production workflow seamless.
2. Upload Files From Multiple Sources – Yes, you have various options to capture files for editing. Your mobile device, Google Drive, webcam, external camera, and storage devices can be used to input materials for your video production.
3. Intuitive User Interface – I like the fact that virtually anyone who knows how to use a computer mouse can find their way around Camtasia. There are so many learning resources provided by the developers of the editing software.
4. Free 30-Day Trial – Free 30-day period to test Camtasia with full features and functionalities.
Camtasia Pricing Plans
Camtasia offers a 30-day trial period for new users, which begins counting down after installing the software.
The price for installation is $249.00 which comes in Windows and Mac versions.
There is an upgrade option for users of previous versions which involves a payment of $99.50 for an upgrade.
Pros and Cons of Camtasia
Pros of Camtasia
- Camtasia is a project that enjoys constant development and upgrades from the developers.
- Enjoy a 30-day free trial with full features and functionalities of Camtasia.
- There are lots of available learning resources provided by the owners of the video editing software.
Cons of Camtasia
1. The pricing for Camtasia software is relatively high when compared to other editing tools in its league.
Creating video tutorials has never been easier, working with Camtasia software.
There are multiple input sources, effects, transition options, video formats, and export options.
You can actually download the software and start using it right now. There’s a free 30-day period to learn the ropes. And if it meets your expectations and needs, you can go ahead and pay for it.
Do you want to learn the fundamentals of online marketing to your business advantage? Try no other place except for Wealthy Affiliate University – an online business community that has over 120 courses (text and video-based) to walk you through the process of building an ideal online business to a successful stage.